- EU’s right to be forgotten to include .com websites?
- Tumblr and Pinterest see biggest increase in user base
- Uber’s user data collection on Android criticized
- Android Pay coming to China
- Is Apple Pay vulnerable to hackers?
- What does the future hold for the next Apple Watch?
- Is Instagram in denial about their drug problem?
- Can cats run a Pizza Hut?
Read on to find out about this weeks gooiest stories.
Get more gooi!
Buried under an avalanche of tech specs, shiny product photos and evangelical videos, you might have missed when Tim Cook announced that Apple was entering the mobile payment market with Apple Pay. Will Apple’s first foray into this crowded space give it the boost it needs to make NFC, Near Field Communication, ubiquitous? The first signs are not so positive.
What is Apple Pay?
It’s a service that:
- is available with an Apple Watch or iPhone 6 or 6+
- uses NFC to communicate wirelessly and securely
- uses SecureElement hardware to encrypt personal information, and
- does not share personal information with vendors