- EU’s right to be forgotten to include .com websites?
- Tumblr and Pinterest see biggest increase in user base
- Uber’s user data collection on Android criticized
- Android Pay coming to China
What do you do if your business can no longer rely on Google search? It’s the equivalent of a zombie apocalypse or sharknado for most businesses. Your site could be unjustly penalised by Google or perhaps you just lost your enviable search rank. It’s easy to become over-reliant on Google search for your traffic, but depending 100 percent on another business is a recipe for disaster.
Why should you break your dependence on Google?
The old proverb about not putting all of your eggs in one basket applies here. Better to build up your other traffic streams before you have a problem.
There are other benefits, too. When you diversify your site traffic, you:
- Increase your traffic. Google + Others = more.
- Generate more robust traffic. When your traffic is coming from different sources you won’t be as vulnerable to dips in service
- Build your tribe. Search traffic has great conversion, but social traffic allow you to create a loyal band of brand ambassadors
- Take control of your business’s destiny! Again, you won’t be entirely dependent on just one company for the future and growth of your business.